This summer, Roots Open Air will take place on Sunday the 28th of June 2020, in the Oosterpark. The festival is accessible for free to everyone. An ideal park for a music festival oozing with intriguing sounds, smells and colors from all over the world. A recurrent part of the Roots Open Air program is the famous Roots Bazaar.
Colorful stalls, (food) trucks, caravans, and tents will again be a beloved addition to this year’s Roots festival decor. The Roots Bazaar offers original, often handmade products from around the world – from Japan to Chile to Purmerend. The Roots Bazaar is open from 13:00 to 22:00 hours.
We want to offer our visitors a special and varied as possible offering. In addition, we would like to try to avoid competition. Therefore, each year there is a comprehensive selection procedure.
- There are two registration periods. The first one is the early bird discount 20% and you can register until on the 4th of April 2020. The second registration period begins on the 5th April 2020 and you can register until on the 9th of May 2020.
- After registration, you will receive a confirmation email. To be clear: the confirmation email of your application does not mean that your participation in the bazaar has been approved.
- When selected, you will receive an official confirmation after the conclusion of the registration period.
- There are two selection periods. Registration in the first period you will receive an e-mail before the 5th of April 2020 and for the second period, you will receive an e-mail before the 8th of May 2020, whether your application has been approved. (Contacting in reverence to application approval before the deadline is not appreciated).
- Your registration is final when we have officially invited you for the Bazaar and all your financial arrangements have been fulfilled.
- There will be no discussion about the outcome.
When reviewing your application, we will pay extra attention to:
1. For food & drinks: a beautiful and honest product, traditional craftsmanship, special recipes and the sustainability of the products and materials you use to consume the products.
2. For non-food: origin, fair trade and sustainability of the products.
3. Decorative value. More than in previous years, the market has become an essential part of the decor of the festival. During selection, special attention will be given to the appearance or the decor plan of your stand, stall, caravan, truck or tent.
Registration is divided into two periods. The sooner you apply, the more chance you have to acquire a spot!
Period 1 – Early bird discount 20%: The 2nd of March until the 4th of April 2020
Period 2: The 5th of April until the 9th of May 2020.
If the online form is not functioning properly, please contact [email protected].